Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday

Dear Campers,
     
Wow!  Do you realize that you did over 1000 squats this morning?  What a fantastic feat of strength and stamina you showed as you moved back and fourth across the gym.  Didn't the new wax on the floor look beautiful?  We have to be sure to take extra good care of it, so be sure to bring that extra towel for your dumbbells and water to rest on.  If you forget to bring it, then you can just hold your dumbbells the ENTIRE time......ok?  I am going to give you one more chance to sign the T-shirt roster tomorrow and then I am sending the final order. 
 
      
The Don Williams song (covered by Brandon Rhyder) that I spoke of this morning has continued to resonated with me all day.  The chorus is, "Lord, I hope this day is good.  I'm feelin' empty and misunderstood.  I should be thankful Lord, I know I should, but Lord I hope this day is good."   During my drive to Stephenville this morning I was confronted by my misunderstanding about the sudden death of a very dear man in my life.  The moment was so beautifully painful.  There was absolutely no boundary between my emotions as the tears turned to laughter and then back to tears again.   I could feel the grace of God in the situation.  Ken Diehm taught me that my spiritual life could be expressed though my love of physical activity.   He showed me that being on a bike, either alone or with friends, was a great way to experience God's enduring love for us all.   Ken gave me the courage to try things that I never thought I could do.  His enthusiasm for life was contagious.   I will always remember him saying, "just one more hill...before the next one and the next one!"    I had the opportunity to ride my bike over 800 miles with this great man.   He spoke my language; he made me tick!  I am so thankful for the seeds Ken planted in me.   This man made a difference in my life.  Please continue to keep this family in your prayers as they move through this difficult time with God's comforting presence.  It is a good day.  Thank you for allowing me to share my grief, my joy and gratitude.
 
See you dark and early tomorrow,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment