Thursday, January 6, 2011

Confident

Dear Ready, Strong and Confident Campers,
     
Wow, this morning was loaded with "rapid fire" fun!  You did great things for your body by activating those fast twitch muscle fibers.  These are the fibers that keep us active, dynamic and youthful.  These fibers must be used and challenged regularly or they begin to act sedentary, dull and old.  That is why we used them this morning.......we want to keep them in tip top shape as long as possible.  I know that you are CONFIDENT (having a strong belief or full assurance) that you do not want to accelerate the aging process, right?  So, we must be READY to give 100% in our workouts and be sure to train those fast twitch fibers to stay STRONG so that we can be CONFIDENT in our lives.
    
Our scripture focus this morning comes from Psalm 27:13, "I will remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."  Sometimes I forget that there is goodness all around me all the time, especially in the winter.   I am not a fan of winter time.  The cold weather, the layering of extra clothing, and the shorter days all tend to make me a bit cranky at times.  Let's just say that I have a hard time finding the goodness when the temperature is below 45 degrees!  As I was sitting here this morning wondering what I was going to tell you about the goodness all around I noticed that just outside my window my nandina plants were a beautiful brilliant red and there was a stunning Cardinal out on the bird bath!  Red is my favorite color and it was right there for me to see and enjoy and I had been missing it all along due to my winter blues.  Thank you God for showing me my favorite things even when I am not looking for them!  What goodness have you been missing out on?  I am CONFIDENT it is there.  Go find it and give thanks!

Goodness and confidence to you my friends,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment