Monday, November 28, 2011

The Blessing of Spoken Words

Dear Campers,
     
I know many of you are already tucked in bed, but I hope that there are a few of you who are still up to read this before the day ends.  Today in camp we talked about the power of the spoken word.  Our book reminds us that when we open our mouths to talk, we have the ability to communicate the blessing to those we love the most.  By deciding to communicate the words of love and acceptance verbally, we do not send away a child, spouse or a friend in need.   There are times in life when positive and loving words are the absolute best gift you can give.   

Proverbs 3:27-28 says, do not withhold good from those to whom it is due when it is in power of your hand to do so.  Do not say,..."go, and come back, and tomorrow I will give it," when you have it with you today.  

That scripture is very powerful to me as it reminds me to share the spoken words of the blessing today and then again tomorrow.
    
Great job with your workout this morning!   Please bring an extra towel on Wednesday.  *Just a small old rag will be perfect.   I have an extra special workout designed for us.  

Be sure to keep your nutrition in check.  There are tons of holiday food around you.  Choose wisely, my friends!  Can't wait to see you dark and early Wednesday.  

Thank you so much for the joy each of you bring to my world.  

Much love and many blessings,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment