Sunday, January 15, 2012

The real journey begins........

Dear Campers,
     
What a beautiful weekend it has been!  I hope that you have been outdoors to enjoy it.  Sunshine and 70 degrees in January certainly make me happy.  

I wanted to share a few things with you before we meet tomorrow.   Many of you have requested the nutrition information that I suggested on Friday.   Here it is:
1.  Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water each day.  This is in addition to the water that you are drinking while you are exercising.
2.  NO SNACKS!  Eat three healthy meals each day.  If you are eating balanced meals, you should not need a snack between meal times.  *Remember, you are an adult, not a growing child!
3.  No fried foods.  If you fry.....you will die!
4.  Eat broth based soups for lunch.  Soups are a low calorie way to fill you up.  The Progresso soups really taste good and come in low sodium varieties, too. (This is also a very economical way to eat lunch each day!)
5.  Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies each day.  Fruits and veggies should be the cornerstone of your nutrition program.  An apple a day really does keep the doctor away!
     
I know that these are very basic approaches to eating, but I know from my own experiences that they work.  When I eat this way, I feel lean, fast and happy.  When I veer off the cornerstone nutrition principles, I feel heavy, slow and sad.   Try it and see how you feel one week from today.    If you would like to learn more about my perspective on food, friends, faith and fitness check out the Revival Boot Camp Blog at revivalbootcamp.blogspot.com.  This is a collection of all of my emails to the campers over the last two years.  I even went to look at it the other night.  It fun for me to read and reflect on all of our times together.  The song does change from camp to camp, but the message is the same.  Thank you to Menielle Donahoo for compiling the blog for RBC.
     
If you are new to the group, you have been given a RBC Boot Camp buddy.  This is another person to help you navigate the program and help you feel like one of the group.  If you are a returning camper and want to participate in the buddy program, get with Martha tomorrow morning and she will get you linked up.  This is a great way to meet others in the wonderful community that we live.  Share your story and your heart with another camper.  Trust me it will be a blessing............
     
I am going to be ordering RBC t-shirts to start the year off.  As you check in tomorrow morning, please indicate the size that you would like on the sign in sheet,  or if you DO NOT want a shirt, please place NO in the box.  (If you do not get a t-shirt, $5 of your registration money will be going to the Feed Between the Lines Program that we started in the fall.)  I will need your size by Friday.  They will be standard short sleeve shirts.  I am not telling you the color!   Thank you to Martha Weyandt for being the RBC administrative assistant.  
     
Great job with Friday's workout.  I am still feeling the boxing.  I applaud you for standing your ground, fighting through challenge and giving it all you had.  What's next?   We will find out tomorrow.   Enjoy the rest of your day.  See you dark and early tomorrow.

Blessings,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment